Saturday, April 3, 2010

We Listen

I was able to go to General Conference today with my best friend and his family. Both sessions, actually. :D My favorite part of conference is singing with the choir. Music has always been my main means of communication with the spirit.
Here are a few things I jotted down today:

Peace, joy, and happiness are available to those who properly prepare...
(I missed the last part of this, but I liked where it was going!! :)

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear you"

And the rest of the time I was so deep in thought I forgot to write anything down. I feel enlightened and like the hole in my heart/spirit has been filled.

::Side note:: I just got off the phone with my mom..., and I just have to say that moms are so incredible. When things are going great I tend to forget to check in at home, but when I hit a rough patch--my mom is always there with open arms and words of comfort.

I want to share that I have a testimony of prayer and of service. When God trusts us and knows that we will do as He asks--He will bless us with the opportunities to serve, to lift up, to share our talents and abilities, and to provide for those around us who are in need. Although, at times we must ask for those opportunities, I have a testimony that He will always provide them as there is a lot of work to be done. He needs us to be available and ready to serve so that when one of His children are in need--the instruments are at hand to assist Him in his glorious work. Sometimes we don't know why we meet the people we do, why we go through the experiences and trials that we do, or why we are counseled in the ways that we are. But, I believe that all of these experiences are for a great purpose and when the time comes for us to share our talents, abilities, and/or wisdom with others--we will be blessed for allowing God to work through us as instruments to provide the needed care for His sons and daughters.
I am grateful to be a part of a church that encourages children to become more well rounded, yet fine tuned. There are so many talented people within the church who are constantly striving to become better. I know that the ultimate goal is that of eternal happiness. I've been so happy that I've felt weak before--so I can't imagine what feeling overwhelmingly happy and at peace for all eternity will be like, but it is something that I am striving for.
I also have a testimony that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I actually felt a confirmation of this at a Christmas devotional last year when President Monson walked into the conference room.
I have read the Book of Mormon, I know that it is true, and I like the way I feel when I read its words of wisdom. I am grateful for everything that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for me below. I love my friends and family with all of my heart. <3