Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trying to be everything can make you lose your mind

She grew up on a side of the road
Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American honey

Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summer time
And American honey

Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Trying to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time

To American honey, yea

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summer time
And American honey

Gone for so long now
I gotta get back to her somehow
To American honey

Ooh There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothin's sweeter than summer time
And American honey
And American honey


Week 2 without a facebook account = amazing. I got a few texts that said, "Miss social networking deleted her twitter and facebook? How odd!" Well, I just needed to disconnect from the world and say, "As interesting as your lives are... I am going to shut the computer and go live mine." Facebook is a black hole for me. I work on it then come home and enter what I consider to be my virtual college social life. But, the only reason it ended up that way is because I made it so. It is easy to take five minutes and write on a friends wall to see how they are doing, or to check out their most recent photo uploads to see what is new rather than giving that friend a very deserved call. I am not going all anti-facebook on you all...but I need to take a large step back from it for now.
So, since I deleted my account, I've had more time to do the things that I need to do and want to do. I've been practicing my guitar more and giving my classes the study time they require. I've received more phone calls this week than ever before and gone to dinner and lunch with friends more than ever before.
Facebook may be a cheap way to socialize but it also cheapens friendships by using it as a main social resource.
I spent today inside. It was a beautiful day...but I stayed in and gave my home the deep cleaning it desperately needed, caught up on laundry, homework, and talked to a few old friends on the phone. It is amazing what you can find to do when you do not rely on facebook to relieve boredom. I check my email and shut my computer. This may sound silly to those of you who have your facebook usage under control, but again...I work ON facebook and then I am in school the rest of the evening, so at times facebook was my only friend interaction/mid-study break (that lasted a few hours...oops.)

I have a few fun adventures coming up next week that I will fill you all in on. Please keep in touch via email or phone. If you do not have my email address, just leave a comment below and I will send it to you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for me below. I love my friends and family with all of my heart. <3