Monday, June 22, 2009

Ready For Something More

Today when I got home from work I made a new decision and goal for myself. I want to be on the internet and phone less. I need more time by myself or with the people I love. I cannot remember checking my email more than once a week before facebook and myspace came around...and now I am online the majority of my days with my work and personal social networking. There are so many things I want to do this summer...and sitting here blogging and playing on facebook isn't one of them.
Here are some old and new summer events that I wanted to share. Have a good summer. :)

A Fathers Day Adventure


Dan made a surprise trip home for the weekend. I was pretty much jumping up and down when he told me he was 12 minutes away from the city. We spent the day with his family and best buddy. My favorite moment...was sitting and rocking on the back porch swing with Dan while making Fathers Day cards. Here are a few pics from the hike...

We went for a hike on Sunday after church and a great Sunday dinner thanks to his mamma.
I love this picture below. I think he was saying, "Dude..."

The 4 of us had a blast climbing around. My poor little white shoes got kinda dirty...but whatever. So worth it. I am just glad I brought a change of clothes after church!!

So pretty with the light hitting the trees at sunset.^

...and remember when my camera randomly didn't have batteries in it...and we had to take pictures with our cell phones? Pretty sweet.

I found yummy but cheap sushi at the market with my way good friend Jon.


Here's To The Good Times...


Getting bangs. They were a lot of fun last year!! My hair has just barely grown out for the most part. Finally.

^Going to California with Tanya, Tino, and Jono in 05. She gets married next week and we are all still great friends. (Since age 17...wow)

Making new girl friends and playing at the park. I love all of my girls!

Staying close with my best friends. (Top-Shelly's wedding. My best friend Dave and I did some cake smashing of our own. ha.) I love his, "whuuuhhh?? faces that he makes!! No one makes me laugh like Dave does!!! "YABFYABFYourAbadFriend" He brings out the spaz in me.
(Bottom-Age 17 in Denver with Shells and Dave. I still consider them my besties. Even though you are both married and dissapear sometimes. I forgive you.)

The birth of my neice and nephew. They are getting sooo big!!





It was fun updating my family around the world (and friends) with my European adventures. (Did I really do that?!) This blog was actually created for that purpose rather than as a journal blog like my previous ones. I hope that you enjoyed the pictures and stories. I will update as new journeys and adventures arise. Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for me below. I love my friends and family with all of my heart. <3