Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Night With Jon Schmidt











My piano tutor/friend Beau had two tickets to Jon Schmidt last night that he offered to my friend and I. What a wonderful experience this was for us. I have dreamed of attending a Jon Schmidt concert since I was 17 years old. He helps me get through tough homework assignments, writing blocks, emotional days, and his music inspires me to learn something new.
My friend Brian was the first person to introduce me to Jon's music. He could play "Waterfall" SO well!! I tried to learn the piano then...but never had the time to practice.
I made a goal this year to go to Germany, meet my family, and to begin piano lessons.
This is my 4th piano concert in 2 months...and I am officially mentally prepared to begin piano lessons in the fall.
I promise myself...that I will put my whole heart into learning the piano. I want to do this for the 8 year old girl inside of me who sat back and watched the missionaries teach my parents and one missionary would always play, "Right Here Waiting For You," by Bryan Adams, after the lessons.
I swore that I would marry someone just like that missionary...someone who could FEEL music...and become inspired through music as I am.
I am SO excited to begin lessons!!! Maybe someday I will put a YouTube video up of myself playing one of Jon's songs. My goal is to play "Waterfall" perfectly as some point in my life. :)
How about I set a goal right now with you guys...I will play Waterfall before my 30th birthday, from beginning to end.
Done deal!
Make sure and hold me to that!! I will be holding myself to that.

Make goals...and DO THEM!! Life is too short to wait for golden opportunities. We are the ones who hold the keys. We are the ones who have the control. If you want to learn the guitar...GO SIGN UP FOR LESSONS!! TODAY!!
If your goal is to be a great mom, wife, and friend...I admire this and strive for this over any other goal I have set for myself.


Say what you need to say, do what you need to do, and be what you have always wanted to be.
Just because.

1 comment:

  1. aw man I wanted to go to that. Oh and the song "Waterfall" is conquerable (if that's even a word) my only advice would be to just practice it slowly until you have it down and then bring it up to speed. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments for me below. I love my friends and family with all of my heart. <3